top 10 servlet interview questions with Answers: Here are 10 potential interview questions for a candidate applying for a role that requires knowledge of Servlets:
- What is a Servlet, and how does it differ from a JSP?
- How do you implement a Servlet in a Java web application, and what are the key steps involved?
- How does the Servlet Container process requests and responses, and what is the role of the Servlet API in this process?
- What is the Servlet Lifecycle, and how does it affect the behavior of a Servlet?
- How do you handle user input and form submission in a Servlet, and what are some best practices for validating and processing user input?
- What is a Servlet Filter, and how do you use it to intercept and modify requests and responses?
- How do you manage session state in a Servlet-based web application, and what are some best practices for session management?
- What are the different types of HTTP requests and responses, and how do you handle them in a Servlet?
- How do you implement security features such as authentication and authorization in a Servlet-based web application?
- What are some best practices for optimizing the performance of Servlet-based web applications, and how do you monitor and troubleshoot performance issues?
These questions are just a starting point, and the interviewer may ask follow-up questions based on the candidate’s responses. The candidate’s answers will provide insight into their knowledge of Servlets and their ability to apply that knowledge to real-world web application scenarios.
- Top 10 Core Java Interview Question Answer
- 25 Java Interview Questions and Answer
- Spring Boot interview Questions with Answers [Top10 ]
- JSP interview Questions and Answers for Freshers
- Java Program to remove duplicate elements in an Array (Best Program)
- Write a java Program to find the duplicate Characters in a String
- Array in Java With Example Program
- WAP to remove duplicate elements in an array
Servlet Interview Questions with Answers
Here are the top 10 servlet interview questions with answers:
1. What is a servlet?
Ans. A servlet is a Java class that extends the capabilities of a server. It dynamically creates a response and sends it back to the client.
2. What is the lifecycle of a servlet?
Ans. The lifecycle of a servlet includes four methods: init(), service(), destroy(), and doGet() or doPost(). The init() method initializes the servlet, the service() method processes client requests, and the destroy() method is called when the servlet is removed from the server’s memory.
3. How can you pass parameters from a client to a servlet?
Ans. You can pass parameters from a client to a servlet by using HTTP GET or POST requests. GET requests pass parameters in the URL, while POST requests pass parameters in the request body.
4. What is the difference between doGet() and doPost() methods?
Ans. The doGet() method is used to handle HTTP GET requests, while the doPost() method is used to handle HTTP POST requests. GET requests are typically used to retrieve data, while POST requests are used to submit data.
5. What is a servlet container?
Ans. A servlet container is a part of a web server that manages the lifecycle of servlets and provides various services to them, such as thread management and security.
6. What is the difference between a servlet and a JSP?
Ans. A servlet is a Java class that dynamically creates an HTTP response, while a JSP is a combination of HTML and Java code that is compiled into a servlet.
7. What is the use of the init() method in a servlet?
Ans. The init() method is used to initialize a servlet and perform any necessary setup, such as connecting to a database or reading configuration parameters.
8. What is a servlet context?
Ans. A servlet context is an object that provides information about the environment in which a servlet is running, such as the server name and version, and allows servlets to share information with each other.
9. What is the use of the doPost() method in a servlet?
Ans. The doPost() method is used to handle HTTP POST requests, which are typically used to submit data to a server.
10. How can you set and retrieve cookies in a servlet?
Ans. You can set cookies in a servlet by creating a Cookie object and adding it to the response object. Cookies can be retrieved by using the request object’s getCookies() method.